We receive many questions on how to treat sparse eyebrows and blank spots. To address these concerns, we decided to put our serum, Alpha Hair, to the test to confirm its effectiveness as an eyebrow growth serum.
Eyebrow growth happens in three phases, and each phase is not always equally fast. The duration of the eyebrow growth cycle is furthermore influenced by genetics. Some people experience very rapid eyebrow growth and have to pluck very frequently, while for others it can take much longer to regrow a plucked eyebrow. Factors such as age, nutrition, and lifestyle also have a strong influence on eyebrow growth.
How fast do Eyebrows Grow?
The phases of eyebrow growth can be divided into the growth phase, the transition phase, and the rest phase. It can take several weeks or even a whole year for an eyebrow that has been completely torn out to reach its original length again.
- The growth phase (anagen phase) is characterized by the fastest hair length growth. Here, eyebrow hairs lengthen by about 1.1 mm per week. The speed as well as the duration of the growth phase are partly genetically determined. Therefore, they can vary greatly from person to person.
- The transition phase (catagen phase) is characterized by the slow cessation of growth. The hair follicle from which the eyebrow grows atrophies. At the end of this phase, the eyebrow falls out. Eyebrows grow for about 10 months before they fall out.
- The resting phase (telogen phase) is mainly used to form a new hair papilla. This can take several weeks to several months for eyebrows. The new hair papilla then enters the anagen phase and hair growth begins anew.
Ingredients for Eyebrow Growth
The ingredients for eyebrow growth have the same nutrient profile as the ones of Alpha Hair: Moringa, Spike Lavender, Durvillaea antarctica and clove extract. These plants are rich in vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, which provide nourishment to the hair follicles. Their combined action improves blood circulation, which promotes hair growth by providing nutrients and oxygen to the hair roots.
Scientific studies have shown that these ingredients have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, which could also support brow growth.
Eyebrow Growth Study
The scientific basis seemed very promising, so we initiated an in-house eyebrow growth study to confirm the efficacy and actual results. Carla (and Ester) from our Barcelona office volunteered to test Alpha Hair, as both of them had areas where the eyebrows were sparse or had not grown back after many years of eyebrow plucking.
Brow Growth Serum: Before and After
Carla had very sparse hair on the inner side of her eyebrows. Since it appeared thin, she used to pluck out the few remaining hairs. After four months of applying the brow growth serum, the before and after photos clearly demonstrate that the entire area is now populated with new hair. Additionally, the overall volume of the eyebrow has increased, with more hair that is thicker and lusher in quality.
Routine for Stimulating Eyebrow Growth
The ideal routine for stimulating eyebrow growth should include the following steps:
- Cleanse the skin beneath your eyebrows during your daily cleansing routine.
- Once a week, gently exfoliate the eyebrow area using True Revelation to remove dead skin cells and promote cell renewal.
- Nourish the skin of your eyebrows with the Midnight Rejuvenation oil. Make sure your daily facial routine also covers these often-neglected areas.
- Apply two pumps of Alpha Hair to the palm of your hand twice a day, using one or two fingers to massage the serum along the eyebrow’s growth direction. You should see the first results after approximately four months.
Our in-house test confirms that Alpha Hair also functions effectively as an eyebrow growth serum. Start your own test now and purchase your Alpha Hair serum here.