We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But did you know that it is also key for beautiful skin?
A breakfast with protein and healthy fats provides you with long lasting energy in the morning. At the same time you should avoid to eat sugar, fructose, refined grains and grains with a lot of gluten.
We recommend a portion of protein from the following ingredients :
- Nuts like walnuts, pine nuts and almonds
- Vegan cheeses
- Vegetable spreads
- Legumes like lentils and chickpeas in small quantities
- Eggs: organic or free range (number 0 or 1)
- Goat and sheep cheese (also cow cheese, if it’s a good quality, organic cheese and if you are not cow lactose intolerant)
- Roquefort (it’s a great source of B12, especially if you don’t eat meat)
- Ham from organic agriculture
- Fermented milk like kefir and yogurt
- Small fish such as sardines or anchovies
- Organic butter
Combine it with a small piece of organic whole grain bread made from sour dough. Ancient grains such as spelt, kamut or rye have less gluten are easier to digest. You can also have a beverage without sugar – coffee, tea, vegetable milk (use stevia from the health food store or coconut sugar to sweeten)
You can also have a fresh fruit, but do avoid juices, especially fruit juices, in the morning.
A breakfast low in sugar and fructose, and with the right Omega 3 and 6 balance will provide your body with the optimal nutrients and a radiant skin.