CUIDADO DE LA PIEL EN OTOÑO
Las condiciones climáticas de nuestro entorno tienen una gran influencia sobre nuestra piel. Uno de los cambios más importantes es que tenemos menos horas de luz solar, lo que significa que nuestros niveles de vitamina D disminuyen.
One of the most important changes that occurs in autumn for our skin is the decrease of sunlight hours. This means that our vitamin D levels decrease because although it can be found in certain foods, we usually absorb most of our vitamin D through sun exposure.
Vitamin D is an antioxidant that has an important impact on not only our skin but also our immune system, hormones, heart and thyroid gland. An underactive thyroid gland can lead to dry skin and lower moods. Exposure to indoor heating, hotter showers and cold weather, can also contribute to skin dryness and a loss in hydration and elasticity. To combat these issues, follow our advice below.
6 ESSENTIAL AUTUMN SKINCARE TIPS FOR DRY SKIN
- Gentle cleansing is crucial to avoid damage to your protective barrier and moisture loss. Choosing a cleanser that purifies with plant extracts as opposed to drying soap agents, is one of the best investments you can make for your skin. Dry skin due to a change in climate is already a problem in autumn, so you don’t want to aggravate this with the wrong products.
- The lips suffer when exposed to changes in humidity. Prevent dehydration and wrinkles by applying an extra boost of nourishing superfood lipids with the Smooth Addiction balm, containing shea butter and coconut oil. This life-saving balm is also free from sticky waxes so every application is a moment of pure pleasure.
- For many skin types it’s the ideal moment to add an extra-dose of balanced fatty acids that provide natural ceramides to the skin. This helps maintain optimal moisture levels, the perfect way to combat dry skin in autumn. Ingredients like these can be found in products such as rich creams.
- In the evening nourish your skin with the very best cold-pressed fatty acids, enriched with plant extracts that naturally contain vitamin C and retinol. These organic plant nutrients help to nourish and restore the elasticity in the skin which is a key area to target within autumn skincare.
- Our Instant Liberation overnight masque boosts cell renewal thanks to the medicinal clays and plant nutrients. The masque helps to rejuvenate skin, acting like a reset button. This helps to combat some of the harsh effects of cold weather on skin. Apply 1-2 times per week and let it act all night.
- Don’t forget to care for the rest of your skin, because dry body skin also affects the skin on your face. We recommend to use less soap on your skin as it strips your protective barrier and causes hydration loss. Instead, opt for a body oil, which we consider an autumn skincare necessity! You can apply a few drops of ourf Sensual Opulence on moist skin after the shower. Enjoy the mesmerising scent and gently massage this nutrient-packed oil into your skin. Make dry body skin a thing of the past!
Use these 6 simple autumn skincare tips
to banish dry skin and stay hydrated!