LE SCULPTEUR CUP – VISAGE
Cup & MIDNIGHT
50 ml / 1.69 fl oz
This set contains the cup VISAGE and our award winning oil-serum MIDNIGHT REJUVENATION. The combination of raw, high-performance plant nutrients and lipids with this cupping instrument is the ideal evening treatment to stimulate cell renewal and to rejuvenate your skin. The cup is made of black glass.
Le Sculpteur Cup VISAGE lifts and sculpts the face and neck.
The smaller size Le Sculpteur Cup MIRAGE treats specific areas such as the eye contour, lip contour, expression lines and wrinkles.
Cupping is a type of alternative therapy that can be traced back to ancient Egyptian and Chinese times. In Chinese medicine the cupping technique is used to facilitate the flow of “qi”, which means life force, in the body. Today facial cupping is a non-invasive beauty treatment with fans such as Victoria Beckham, Kim Kardashian, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Aniston.
LE SCULPTEUR Cups gently pull the skin away from the deeper layers of fascia. This facial cupping technique is used to release tensions, to stimulate the lymph and blood flow while also detoxifying the deeper layers of the tissue. The gentle vacuum created by the cups also increases the blood flow and stimulates a rejuvenation of the skin.
Cupping may provide the following benefits:
- promotion of cell repair
- improvement of skin elasticity
- minimising the appearance of scars, fine lines and wrinkles
- toning of the chin, neck, jawline and decolleté
- decreasing puffiness
- balancing of sebum production
- improving nutrient delivery
- formation of new connective tissue and blood vessels
Scientific studies about facial cupping report the following results:
- increase in oxygen-rich blood circulation
- strengthening of the skin and connective tissues
- stimulation of cells responsible for collagen production
Before applying the cupping massage, please make sure to read the contraindications below.
How to apply LE SCULPTEUR Cup – VISAGE
- Watch the videos CUPPING TUTORIAL and LE SCULPTEUR Cup – VISAGE.
- Sit down, become self-aware and start to breathe deeply. It is very important that your nervous system is relaxed, when you start this detox ritual.
- Gently clean your face following the Wave Cleansing Ritual.
- Apply 2-3 pumps of the MIDNIGHT REJUVENATION oil serum on your face, lips, neck and décolleté. It is very important that there is sufficient oil on the skin to avoid excessive friction.
- Squeeze the bulb of the cup, put the cup on the skin and gently release the bulb. You can modulate the intensity of the vacuum by releasing and squeezing the bulb. We recommend trying it first on your arms or legs until you get used to the right pressure. In the face start very gently until you have sufficient practice and can increase the suction.
- There are 2 ways to use the cup. The first way is to apply the cup on the skin and follow the lines of the picture. Depending on the area and your facial anatomy it will be easier in some areas than others. The second way is to remain for 1 second on a specific point of the line, and then slide the cup 1-2 cm to the next point of the line. In areas with very fine skin this method will be easier. Remaining too long on a specific point can create a hematoma, so start very gently and limit time and pressure at the beginning.
- Never apply the cups on the glands. Be especially careful to not touch the thyroid gland, which is located in the middle part of the neck. Also never use the cups on areas with fragile or broken capillaries, redness, inflamed impurities, moles or warts.
- Repeat each line a maximum of three times. Overstimulation can have a negative effect. Some areas may require less repetitions. If the skin turns red on a specific area, use less repetitions at first. Listen to your body and do what feels good. Enjoy this ritual. We recommend practicing this ritual 2-3 times per week or every other day. Do not pull excessively on your skin and use the fingers of the other hand to accompany the movement. Make sure you have applied a sufficient quantity of oil.
- Always start with opening the lymphs and the neck. These movements are downwards starting below the ear in the front and drawing the cup down until the collarbone. The next line is parallel and ends at the shoulder. The next movement is in the back of the neck next to the spinal cord, from the hairline down.
- For the areas around the eyes and lips marked in gold, we recommend to use the smaller cup LE SCULPTEUR Cup MIRAGE.
- Drink a glass of warm water to flush out toxins from your body.
- Moisten a cotton pad with water and apply a few drops of NECTAR IMMORTAL or VELVET HYDRATION. Gently pad it on the face to remove toxins released during the massage and to remove excess oil.
HOW TO CLEANSE YOUR CUP
Wash the cup after each use with a gentle soap and water and let it dry standing up (like in the product picture), so any excess water that may have entered the bulb can flow out.
If you have a medical condition or illness please consult with your doctor before starting the cupping ritual.
Never use the cups on:
- Glands, e.g. the thyroid gland
- Moles and warts
- Skin lesions
Never use the cups on areas with:
- Fragile or broken capillaries
- Redness (Erythrosis)
- Acute inflammation
In the above cases you can apply the cups around the areas with redness or broken capillaries. This helps to reduce the pressure on the affected areas, which may make it less likely for the capillaries to rupture. If the entire face is covered with visible capillaries, then only focus on the neck and shoulders and leave the face out completely.
In case of severe flaccidity, make sure to hold the skin in place with the other hand and make very careful movements.